Sunday, February 10, 2013

Currently reading: NoSQL Distilled


When the rought cut version of "NoSQL Distilled: A Brief Guide to the Emerging World of Polyglot Persistence" was released in Safari books, I dived in and pointed out some comments. Those were totally useless to the authors and the publishers as they were either incomplete sentences or grammatical mistakes which were already caught by the proof readers. However, Martin Fowler was kind enough to respond to each and every comment.

Later on, when the book was released, I made a joke to one of my friends who was looking to buy the book that its better to get the Table of Contents from Amazon website and read the topic in wikipedia and save a few bucks. Last week, I thought I should seriously give it a read. So far, I've completed 3 chapters and have learnt a lot of stuff. Not only did I realize that I made a fool of myself by making that joke but also I'm learning many things a little late.

My upcoming blogs in the near future will definitely reflect a few things that I'm learning from this book.

No comments: